Sunday 22 March 2009

A rather cute owl!


A friend sent dd an exciting parcel for her birthday. In there were some fabric scraps, buttons, beads and ribbons - the perfect present for little girls everywhere!

DD has has a lot of enjoyment rifling and sorting through her treasures and has been begging me to make her something with all the bits.

I decided to take my inspiration from the felt owl kit I bought from Paper and string. I haven't used the kit yet; far too scared that I would mess him up, so used the idea to create my own owl from the materials my friend sent! It was a way in which I could use a little bit of all the gift - beads for the eyes, material for the body and even a bit of ribbon across his front.

I've stuffed him with carded sheeps wool and he's a firm favourite in our house now. He's called Felix. I love the way he looks at though his head is cocked to the side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment